When things go wrong in production it is critical to get things fixed immediately. Good teams can do that. But great teams fix the problem in production and get to the root cause so this type of problem never impacts a user again.
When I was a software developer and I met someone for the first time and they asked me what work I did, I would reply, “I type for a living.”
Links and bibliography for my “Overcoming Resistance” talk
Links and ideas for creating simpler or smaller stories
The recorded talks are:
- Jim Whitehurst - CEO Red Hat
- Larry Maccherone - What? So What? Now What? - how to use metrics in an agile world
- David Frink - Overcoming Resistance - How to engage developers in agile adoption
- Todd Olson - The Data-Driven Product Owner
- Alexis Monville: How agile and open-source work together in nearly perfect Harmony
- Adam La Voy - Talent Acquisition Manager Red Hat - closing comments
My notes on talks 1, 2 and 4 are here.
My session was very interactive so there will be parts of the video where you won’t be able to hear the audience, but I did make every effort to repeat the questions or summarize the comments for the sake of the video.
subscribe via RSS